Saturday, December 13, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Day 1

What are the 12 Days of Christmas really? I know its more than a song but...I really don't know when or what the 12 days of Christmas are but it sounds fun, doesn't it? Who cares what the real version is, here's MY version. And it will be fun! As my gift to all my blog buddies, I'm going to share 12 of my favorite things with you for the 12 days before Christmas. Check back every day for a new recipe, gift idea, or craft.

Here's Day 1:

Pumpkin Pie Body Scrub
This is a dreamy, homemade body scrub made from common, edible ingredients from your kitchen. Go on, pamper yourself. There's enough here for you and a friend. Or double the batch and give some as gifts. Just a warning: make sure you rinse the shower when you're done. The oatmeal is a real pain to chip off when its dried.

2 pounds Brown Sugar
1/3 can of the large can of pureed pumpkin (we'll use the rest of the can in tomorrow's recipe)
2 teaspons vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
1 Cup Oatmeal - more if you prefer a grittier texture

Simply mix it all up and divide it into containers for gift giving. I try to use plastic containers since a glass jar could get broken in the shower. While you are in the shower, in case you're wondering, yes, it is edible. But I probably wouldn't eat if after its been in there more than a day. It is perishable so it should be used within 10 days or so.

I hope you'll try this. Come back tomorrow and we'll use the rest of that can of pumpkin.
Cheers!
Christy

No comments: