Thursday, January 21, 2010

Coming home again

I know there is that old phrase "You can never go home again." But I disagree. Yes, "home" changes and time touches everything. But for me, home is still a wonderful place. Referring to my childhood home, that is. But the home Brentt and I are making is also a wonderful place... I'm rambling... Anyways, I love going back to the farm. I have so many good memories and I love seeing how things change.
We even got to see a newborn baby calf.
It has been many years since I've been back to Minnesota in the winter. Long enough that I had forgotten what "real" winter is. Terms like "wind chill" and "icy mix" and "below zero" were brought to the forefront of my mind this last week.
While I was there, oddly enough, I heard those die-hard Minnesotans refer to a "heat wave" at 30 degrees. CRAZY!!! Max was not too happy about being bundled up.Happily, words like "snow fort" and "sledding" and "King of the Mountain" were introduced into Sam's Southern California vocabulary!But "home" really isn't about the actual building. It's about the people, the love, remembering the old memories, and creating new memories together.
There is no place like home.

No comments: