Sunday, June 19, 2011

Really great Carnitas!

I simply love Mexican food! When I find an easy, cheap, recipe that everyone likes, it becomes a regular in our house. And, of course, I want to tell the whole world about it!

Here it is.... Carnitas in the Crockpot!
I was skeptical about this recipe at first but it is tasty, tender, and uses a rather inexpensive cut of pork. With 3 kids home for the summer, the crockpot and I have become good friends. I've made it a few times and it is consistently good. It is flavorful but not spicy. After it is done, I shred it and divide out a few portions for the kids and then I add or Pilarcitas (or hot sauce) to the remainder for Brentt and I.

Spread this on some tortillas, top with coleslaw, and enjoy your easy Summer meal. It is great for a build-your-own buffet when company comes too.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-carnitas/detail.aspx

I hope you love it as much as we do.
Cheers!
Christy

No comments: