Saturday, October 18, 2008

Finally... I'm scrapping again!

I have been so busy with life (and making other crafts-wink!) that I've realized I haven't been making many layouts lately. So, I went to a crop on Friday night at Yellowbird scrapbook store and got busy. Here are the results...

Remember that pirate picture I took of Sam in the last post? One of them will go on this layout. I know its a little weird but sometimes, I scrap backwards. Meaning that I will make a layout before I have a picture printed or sometimes before I've even taken the photo.

That was an easy layout. Hambly Screen Prints makes the silver paper with the pirate ship on it. I simply cut a black piece of paper from Pink Paisley's Vintage Moon collection and adhered it on to be a photo mat. Then, I added the title (letters also from Pink Paisley), glued some trims on and it was done. I'll probably write the year and hide the journaling behind the photo mat when I put the picture on it.

Here's another "backwards" Halloween layout. Maddie, the dog, and I will all be witches this Halloween. With any luck, I'll be able to convince my mother-in-law to dress up as one too. Won't a couple 4 by 6" photos of us fit perfectly? Or maybe one 5" by 7" photo if I only have one good one.

Here are a couple layouts that I did "the normal way". I'd been delaying scrapbooking these pictures from the fair and from our vacation because I liked the photos so much that I couldn't envision a layout that would "do them justice." This certainly isn't my best work but I do like how they've turned out.
The "San Diego Fair" layout is so busy with pictures that I tried to keep it simple by using cream cardstock and accented it with patterned paper from October Afternoon. The title is American Crafts Thickers chipboard stickers.

This layout of Colorado is also simple. I just didn't want to detract from the great photo. The orange paper is also from Pink Paisley's Vintage Moon line (I'm really liking them lately!) and it went perfectly with the old vintage dictionary pages along the bottom and on the flower. I'm also really into trims and ribbon. Anything to give it dimension.
And because I'm always ahead of things, here's a Thanksgiving layout. We're renting a cabin in Big Bear with 3 other close families and I'm hoping to get a great shot of all of us this year. There's so much to be thankful for that the journaling part will be easy!
Feel free to scraplift whatever you see. Thanks for checking in!
Christy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey did you sew that board around that edge?? VERY CUTE!!!