Friday, February 27, 2009

Signs of Spring

Even here in San Diego, Spring comes with a welcome relief. It's been a rainy "Winter" and I'm looking forward to more warm days. Don't get me wrong ----I'm no fool! I grew up in Minnesota where Winter is a harsh awakening to the human response to survival. I hated winter. That's why I live her. Now, in San Diego, Winter is not that bad. I do miss the vividness of the change of seasons. I think that's why I seek out and cherish our subtle signs. Here are some pictures after a recent rain.
Our peach tree is now in full bloom!

And we have a few cool weather vegetables growing in the garden already.

I hope you're able to find a little Spring in your day! Happy Friday!
Off to a lenten fish fry. Do you think the church will serve wine? ;)
Cheers!
Christy

No comments: