Saturday, May 9, 2009

"Life is short when the days are long."

There's a new website called Crop Chocolate. It has one scrapbook deal a day and the item is usually drastically discounted. Its sort of like woot.com except its only for scrapbook stuff. I check it every day because there's a different deal each day. So far, they've only had Making Memories stuff. I bought a fabulous shelf for my scrap room, an album and this box. No, it did not look like this when I bought it. It was plain white and BORING. Now it looks like this:

I collaged the top and sides using vintage papers, a new K& Company paper, some 7 Gypsies atc cards, and pages from my beloved 1887 French hymnal (I knew it had to be used for something special!). The messages of Hope, Dream, Bliss, and Love are special words that simply make me happy. The peony reminds me of the peonies on the farm. I love the milinery flowers tucked in. I found those at Papertales. I think the pearls add a dreamy, nostalgic touch.
I heard this quote recently, "Life is short when the days are long." It seems so applicable to my life right now. My days often seem so long with the kids, errands, cleaning, paperwork, cooking, and life in general. But at the same time, life seems to be speeding up. The years are starting to fly by and I feel like I'm grasping at time. I'm trying to cherish moments that fly by too quickly. This quote is a nice reminder to just appreciate everyday.
Thanks for visiting! Enjoy your weekend!
Christy

No comments: