Tuesday, June 30, 2009

more home decor

If you know me, you know I love to use my scrapbooking supplies to make home decor projects. There are infinite possibilities! Lately, I've been making more gifts and home decor projects than actual pages. These are all gifts for some lovely ladies in my life. I won't tell you who because I don't want to spoil any surprises. ;)For this first project I found this huge board (MDF I think) at Michael's. It's about 2 1/2 feet tall and came in the shape of a house. I painted it with black chalkboard paint and added 4 "windows" that hinge open to fit 4" by 6" photos. The doorway will also hold a 4" by 6" picture. The paper on the door and the roof is from October Afternoon and that sweet little birdie is new from Prima. The rest of the paper is sheet music and paper from K & Company. I also found the picket fence at Michael's. Lovely! For my friend's sake, I hope I am able to part with it. ;)Next, I just finished 2 dress form jewelry holders. New favorites! These ladies were so much fun to make. My inspiration came from this one that I bought made by Tricia Samsal of Vintage Bliss .She taught a class at Paper Tales here in San Diego and I was sad when I couldn't go. But... I bought one of her creations (which goes perfectly in my bedroom.) and it inspired these pieces.

They sell the small dress forms at Michael's now. This one is bigger and will hold more jewelry. Off to manage the kiddos and plan a picnic for the 4th. Wish me luck!
Cheers!
Christy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE your the house project you made!! That is just the best housewarming gift or gift period!!

You must show me how to make one!!
I'm havent' used those hinges yet... too chicken..so do teach!! :)

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!!!