Sunday, February 20, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup

Hi there-
Last night I discovered a new favorite recipe and I just had to share. It is healthy, easy and best of all, filling. (Not something I usually experience with a veggie based soup.)

But I had 2 problems with making a recipe like this: First, Brentt likes things with meat. This soup didn't have a speck of meat so I fried up some bacon and let him top it with it. After all, the best way to a man's heart is bacon... Or maybe it was "baking"... Either way, he loves me and we both loved the soup!

Second problem was my kids make a big mess with soup. (Sam just won't eat it unless the noodles are in some fun shape anyway.) So, I made up some penne pasta and used this soup as the sauce. The kids gobbled it up and everyone was happy.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Butternut-Squash-Soup-II/Detail.aspx

Anyway, thanks for checking in. I hope you try and love this new recipe too.
Cheers,
Christy

No comments: