Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm getting my groove back...

Alright, the post-vacation blues are gone and we are into full summer mode. I couldn't help but notice summer was here since we just went through a heat wave. But we're staying cool with the A/C and lots of swimming. Staying inside has inspired me to scrap (of course) and today, I'm going to share a little secret of mine. I scrap backwards. Meaning, I often make the layouts then later I find pictures for them. Most of these LO turn out to be some of my favorites. I know its weird but many days, the passion for creating is stronger than making something worthy for my photos.

Here's two layouts I made for our *future* 4th of July photos:

This one I made in anticipation of my new neice that will be born in August. I just know she'll be as beautiful as this layout.
I made this layout because I'm still in love with this paperline. Its from We R Memory Keepers and is over a year old but I love the colors.Here's a close up of this flower I made for it. I used 4 layers of paper punched out with my scalloped circle punch.And here's yet another one from the new Pink Paislee line. I think this one will work nicely for a Back to School picture. But of course, I did make a couple new layouts with pictures. This first one is hysterical. These pictures were taken when my friend Laurie and I were "three-sheets-to-the wind" and laughing so hard we cried. Ah... Good Times! This makes me laugh because in our drunken state, we honestly thought we were flashing the camera. Ha!

I made this layout for the store in May but just got it back so I thought I'd share.

And tomorrow morning registration for the Scrapbook Expo begins. Oh joy!

Ok, enough of the scrap crap!
Cheeers!
Christy

No comments: