Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fair Time

I don't think its summer without going to the fair. When we were kids we always went to the Lyon County Fair in Minnesota. I was even in 4-H and showed all sorts of exhibits. It'll be no surprise to those of you who know me that I won ribbons in gardening and crafts several years in a row. ;) (Doesn't that make it sound important? wink! Wink!) It was a fun thing to do and I really learned a lot from those experiences. I still love the fair and I hope my kids will learn to love it too, even if they're not showing anything in it.

What's not to love about the fair? The food! The rides! The shows! Oh, the shows this year were great! Here's a picture of a magic show that included these trick dogs. This dog is balancing on its front paw!
Here's Madeleine feeding a goat that she thought looked a lot like our dog.
The funny thing is, he does!
Madeleine had such a great time on the rides! This look is so precious!
This was the funniest show of all! Its called the TURKEY STAMPEDE. They fill up this remote-control truck with turkey feed and the turkeys chase it around the pen. I don't care who you are... you're going to think this is funny if you see it!
I hope you get a chance to go to a fair near you to celebrate summer.
Cheers!
Christy

No comments: