Sunday, February 7, 2010

What a week!

I can't believe this past week has flown by already! What a crazy week!
We started our week with Max's baptism last Sunday. It was such a nice day with a gathering of family and friends. I have no doubt that having an open adoption and involving your child's birth family is the right thing to do. You can never have too many people to love your kids! (It also helps that we like them a lot too! ;) )And then on Monday, my baby girl turned 6! Now, I'm starting to feel a little older. How do I have a 6 year old? And such a sweet, beautiful one too!
Since we had a huge party last year, we told her we would just have a small family celebration and go out to dinner. She chose to go to "The Rat" (aka Chuck.E.Cheese). I will not sugar coat anything here.... I HATE CHUCK E. CHEESE!!! It has been 2 years since we've been there but Maddie really wanted to go so I swallowed my snobbishness and agreed to go. I was reaffirmed why I hate this place and why we call it "The Rat." It's filthy, the people who work there are lazy, the food is gross, and they do not serve any good wine or beer. Yet, somehow the kids had fun. Although when we got home, Maddie said she didn't have as much fun as the kids on the commercial on TV did. Oh! A lesson in marketing....??? And even she wanted to be disinfected. So... Perhaps next year we can talk her into something nicer.
The rest of the week was filled with running to gymnastics, play dates, choir, and softball. And the kids and I also went up to Hollywood on Thursday night to have dinner with my brother who was in town. I could kick myself that I didn't bring the camera! The kids were great troopers on our 4 hour trip up there! It should have only taken 2 1/2 hours but traffic, 3 bathroom stops, and one feed-the-baby stop delayed our adventure. Nonetheless, we had a nice time and they slept the whole drive back.

The rainy day yesterday was a great excuse to stay home and do laundry. Ugh! I'm so happy a new week has begun! Off to a super bowl party today. Thanks for checking in!
Cheers!
Christy

1 comment:

Michelle M White said...

You have been one busy lady! Congratulations!!!