Thursday, August 28, 2008

My "secret" Cranberry Meatball recipe

We're having a wine & cheese party this weekend and I'm getting ready. I've bought wines, cheeses, fruit, and ingredients for desserts and appetizers. One of my favorite appetizers for any party is my Cranberry Meatballs. Everyone has a go-to recipe and this one is mine. Its easy, its quick, and everyone loves them. And everyone always asks me for the recipe! Often, I forget to give it to them. Sometimes, I'm not so willing to give away my favorite recipes but I think this one is too fabulous not to share it. So, the secret is out...here's the recipe.

Get your crock-pot out!

50 frozen Italian meatballs (about 1 3/4 pounds)
1 cup pre-made beef gravy
3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
2Tbsp heavy cream or whipping cream (do NOT substitute)
2 tsp dijon mustard
chopped parsley or dried cranberries for garnish, optional

Mix gravy, cranberry sauce, cream & mustard in a bowl. Pour frozen meatballs in crockpot. Pour gravy mix over meatballs and stir to coat. cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Serve using a toothpick. Save the left over sauce--its great over egg noodles the next day!

I hope you add this to your go-to recipe collection. Especially with the holidays coming!

No comments: