Tuesday, September 9, 2008

busy... busy... busy...

Do you ever have those times when you have about 10 half-finished projects and you're always busy but never getting anything done? Well, that's been the story of my life lately. But finally, here are a few new scrappy things finished.

I went to the scrapbook expo a couple weeks ago and bought all kinds of new "toys". I also took 2 classes, both by Rusty Pickle. Both were taught by the talented Casey Rivas, who is just as charming as she is talented. The first class was a calendar class which is one of those half-finished projects that I hope to finish in the next 3 months.

The second class was a Birthday Reminder Book and I actually finished this one:
This is perfect for me because as life is getting busier, I'm forgetting some important birthdays. Please feel free to send my your birthday and I'll add it to my book.This beautiful card was a make and take from the expo. I didn't want to worry about it drying so I brought it home to finish. I'm not sure who will be the lucky recipient yet.... ;)

In June Maddie had her first dance recital and I finally have it in a layout. This picture does not do it justice. Its actually very sparkly and the photo opens like a card to reveal another picture. The card is actually one of those musical cards from Hallmark. It plays the Conga song, the same song that she danced to. She loves to open it up and dance along!
The last thing I'm going to show you is this Christmas bracelet I made for myself. I *LOVE* Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and I was over the moon about these buttons I found off etsy. Then when I found this empty bracelet by Creative Cafe at the expo, I knew this would be a new treasure!
This week we start singing class for Madeleine, a "Family First" parenting class for Brentt & I, Karate for Madeleine, and a Tiny Sports class for Sam. Busy... busy... busy...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love when you post new stuff. I totally understand how you feel about your BFC. I'm sad for you both! I can also relate to chaos and unfinished projects... have tons myself! LOL