Monday, September 8, 2008

My BFC

This layout is dedicated to my friend Cydne (aka: my BFC). Next week, Cydne and her family are moving to Spain for 3 years. For the past 4 years, she has been a big part of my day-to-day life. Our kids are about the same age, she's my work-out buddy, my scrapping buddy, and my playdate pal. She's the one I call at 8am to see what she's up to for the day. If we don't get together, at least I've had my "Cyd-fix". She is a great friend but really, its so amazing that we are such close friends because we are complete opposites! I'm organized, she.... improvises a lot. I'm a detailed planner, and she can be enviously spontaneous. She does not stress about the little things in life and well... I'm a control freak (admitting it is the first step, right?). Being her friend has made me a better person. I know our friendship will continue even though she'll be on the other side of the world. I'll just miss our day-to-day interactions.

So... I say all that to explain this next layout. I made her and I this matching layout that is not my style at all. Its whimsical, crazy, and free.... like Cydne.



They have a lot of texture, techniques, paint, and patterns. I learned some of the techniques, like paper shaping with water from a class on SISTV. I'm also using gesso in a lot of my projects too. I love this stuff! Here I spread it out using a fork and heated it up so it bubbled, then painted it.

No comments: