Monday, November 10, 2008

It's not Christmas yet....

Only 44 more days until Christmas! Wahoo!!!! Ok, I get really giddy about Christmas--prepare yourselves! But it is only November 11th. (Bummer. Sigh....) So, in an effort to stay grounded and live in the moment, I'm going to show you 2 projects that are not Christmas related.

Some of you know that I'm head-over-heels in love with the Pink Paislee products so this sign will be no surprise. Maddie had to have a matching room sign like Sammy's and this one is pink, dreamy and fabulous! My opinion, anyway...Sorry, the lighting is crappy. That's what I get for taking pictures at nearly midnight when I SHOULD BE SLEEPING! The time change has really messed me up. Anyway... this sign is made from Pink Paislee's Topsiders in their Pop Fashion line, a felt crown accent by Autumn Leaves, and velvet flowers by Maya Road. The alpha stickers are also Pink Paislee. A little ribbon, tinsel and .... voila: another piece of pink dreaminess! ;)

This second item is my new pride and joy! I call it "Our Thankfulness Box." Design-wise, its not earth shattering but I love the tradition that it will bring to our family. It is a wooden box (bought at Michaels) meant to be a centerpiece at our table. Inside the lid is a log where we will spend Thanksgiving and who we are with. Then each person at the Thanksgiving table writes on a leaf (inside the box) what they are Thankful for, what year it is, and how old they are. I hope that several years down the line my kids will dig through the past years' leaves and giggle about what they were thankful for in 2008. It's sort of like a Thanksgiving scrapbook in a box. I also plan to add photos in there to "float" around with all the leaves. I love the idea of a Thankfulness Box. Its a good lesson for the kids, a fun way to remember how we've spent the Thanksgiving holiday and a great way to count our blessings. I feel so blessed that I'm not sure this box will be big enough. I hope that you have a lot to be thankful for this year too!

Cheers!
Christy

2 comments:

Katie Watson said...

Thank you for the SWEETEST comment on the Paper Tales blog...that was really nice and made my day! Your Pink Paislee signs are so cute!! I love Pink Paislee also, hehe!

Michelle M White said...

That sign is TOO cute! Great job!!!