Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas projects

This year, I did not have near as much time as I would have liked to make Christmas gifts. I love making stuff. Creative activities like crafts and scrapbooking are a great outlet for me and help me keep my sanity. But over the past couple months (since Max arrived) I've been choosing to sleep in my "spare" time.

Now that Christmas is close and most of these gifts have already been revealed to the recipient, I think I can show everyone now and I won't ruin a surprise.

I started by making this collage on canvas for my Mom. She loves angels and I thought this would make a nice decoration. Its a 9" by 12" canvas.
I love the vintage look! The angel paper comes from Graphic 45. I backed the paper with chipboard, used foam adhesive to give it dimension, and adhered a lace border. The platinum colored Stickles (glitter glue) goes perfectly with the paper. With the same piece of paper, I also made 4 tags and 2 book marks. It was a great design and I certainly couldn't let it go to waste. But there were times that inspiration did not strike in my sleep-deprived days. Thanks to the "Very Vintage" online workshop I took with Lisa Pace, I simply followed directions and made this glittered Santa boot.
And then, sometimes I got a little carried away. This gift below started as a glittered church. And then I thought it needed a sparkly yard, hence the mirror, glittered trees and the snowman.
Then, I thought it needed a bit more twinkle so, I added a light inside. Then, I thought the church on the mirror looked awkward on its own. So I decorated this box with crackle paints, music paper, and more glitter and sparkle. Now it was complete. I filled the box with chocolate truffles and it was a great gift for some special people.
Now that a lot of the Christmas rush is through, I have more time to make more gifts and I think I'll even be able to show you some new scrapbook pages soon too. Thanks for visiting!
Christy

No comments: