Monday, December 28, 2009

Lots of memories

Where do I begin... The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of activities, fun, and making memories. First, Sam turned 4 years old on the 23rd. I'm still not sure what I was thinking throwing a party for him 2 days before Christmas but it turned out fine. We kept it simple and small and he loved it.
Then, onto Christmas Eve. Maddie dressed up as an angel at church.
This is my favorite gift this year: Maxwell. Isn't he adorable?Everyone was on their best behavior by Christmas Eve.
That good behavior paid off for our kids. They got more than we could have imagined but it sure did keep them busy. I love this photo of Maddie playing on Christmas morning. She said that "Baby Doctor Barbie" made all her dreams come true. If only that innocence could last... Max woke up happy on Christmas morning after another full night's sleep. I needed some coffee and obvious to me now, need to color my hair. ;) Max loves his Bumbo chair and he thinks this singing penguin is hilarious! I never know how Maddie will "decorate" Max when I leave the room. She is so gentle but loves to put different hats on him, blankets to keep him warm, and make sure he has a toy. She is a doting sister and he loves it. So while all our family back East is enjoying a White Christmas, we enjoyed a San Diego Bright Christmas. We went down to Balboa park the day after Christmas to play and just enjoy the nice day. The kids enjoyed the Koi pond.Our favorite secret chair.
Even the Grinch was there. Can you see him?Our favorite activity at Balboa Park is always the Carousel. It will be 100 years old in 2010 and still brings so much joy to the young and old. Even old guys like Brentt have fun playing the Brass Ring game. He won the Brass Ring and we got a free ride for next time. The kids thought he was their hero. He is.

Thanks for visiting! I hope you are also making special memories with your family this holiday season. Cheers!
Christy

No comments: