Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ahh... Paris

If you knew Brentt and I before we had kids, you would know how much we loved going to France to vacation. I speak French so it was a place that we got to know deeper than the average tourist. Someday we will return again. Remodeling my scrapbook room (see the previous post) brought back some memories of Paris. Of course, I was dying to mess up my new room and here is one of my first projects. It is a 9 by 12 inch canvas with a lot of texture and techniques. The background is crackle painted and dry brushed with silver paint. I love to marry sparkly bling with an antiqued look. The keys above are a sweet souvenir from Paris from my dear friend Cydne. I couldn't find a flower that coordinated well with the lace and the rest of the canvas so I made one from a doily and some old paper ones I found in my stash.
It will make some great artwork in my new scrap room. Thanks for checking in!
Christy

No comments: