Monday, July 14, 2008

Finally... a scrappy post!

Alright, I'm back in the swing of things and have made some fun stuff lately. I simply can't wait to share this first creation!

Yesterday I took a canvas collage class at Papertales . If you are in San Diego, you must stop by this new scrap boutique! The class was taught by the talented and charming Helle Greer. I LOVE the results of this picture of my grandparents on their wedding day. I especially love the vintage farm picture (since they were farmers). I used a couple new-to-me products like the water soluable crayons around the edges and a copper shimmer mist (sprayed on the canvas before the embellishments and photo were applied.) I absolutely love the angel wings from Melissa Francis too.
Next, I made these 3 notebooks for my nephews. What do you give 10, 12, and 14 year old boys? Knowing they were starting school soon, I embellished these composition notebooks with the "Get Happy" line from Cosmo Cricket. Brentt things they're too girly. Maybe they are but... I was proud of myself for making something without bling, flowers, or scallops! :)
This framed layout is a tribute to our lost dog , KONA. The paper is from Rouge de Garance. Along the left side of the photo are all the nick-names we called him. We sure do miss him!

Here are 2 new cards using the Pink Paislee Office Lingo paper. By the way, if you haven't checked the Pink Paislee Blog lately, you're missing out. They have new peaks at their CHA releases and a chance to order one of their brand new halloween albums.


Please check back for more scrappy stuff. I'm working on 4 different mini-albums right now. The fabric one is going to be the best! Fun stuff!

Cheers!
Christy

1 comment:

cydders said...

love these!!!! you are sooo talented! i love it!

did you get a kit from PP???

cyd