Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More CHA pics and projects

I have no idea where the past week went. Madeleine turned 5 yesterday so I was busy planning her "Disco Dance Party", which was so fun! I'll post about that later....

But for now, I wanted to share some great things I saw at CHA. Unfortunately, I don't know who made these dreamy things so I can't give them personal credit. I'd love to thank them for the inspriation. Lets begin with one of my new favorite paper companies: Best Creations. I've never been a huge fan of them but their new releases have been consistently cute. Here are some layouts using their papers.
Another surprise for me at CHA was how much I loved the Kaiser Craft stuff. Their papers were ok but their projects using the "Beyond the Page" lines were great. I was mostly impressed at how affordable their stuff is. Check out their website for more projects. So many full instructions on cute crafts.
Love the clocks! They have so many sizes too.
I took this picture of this great canvas at the 7 Gypsies booth. I didn't notice any have-to-have-new-and-fabulous stuff here but their projects were great. Their ephemera was inspiring but a little small for my taste.
Another find for me was Daisy Bucket Designs. Not sure what was most attractive, the paper or the fabulous home decor projects. Their blog has some more great ideas.
A couple disappointments from CHA were 2 of my favorite companies: Pink Paislee and October Afternoon. Pink Paislee was there and the people working in the booth were so friendly and they had lots of inspiring projects but I was not crazy about any of their new paper lines. When I saw them online I thought they were ok but when I saw them in person I thought... ugh... Not yuck. Just ugh... perhaps I have high expectations but I simply didn't like them. As for October Afternoon... they just didn't show up. Shipping problems. It was sad that their website wasn't even complete. Now, at least it shows their new releases. I love all their paper lines, stamps, and embellishments but perhaps they're having a hard time on the business end. That's my perception anyhow. Too bad for them because so much stuff totally rocked at CHA. I'll leave you with a ton of eye candy from my all time favorite and inspiring booth: Crafty Secrets. Their website is a must visit if you love this stuff. Holy long post! Thanks for checking in!
Christy

No comments: