Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A little crafting

So, as much as I would love to be scrapbooking, crafting has been too tempting this summer. So much to do, so very little time! (But just one more week til school starts--yipee!) I have SOOOO many pictures I want to scrapbook too! When my mother-in-law asked me what I'd like for my birthday, I asked for time. Time to scrap, craft, and feed my creative soul. And I got it! (THANKS!)

With my birthday money, I took a class at Papertales (my all time favorite scrapbook store!) and took a technique class (see below) taught by a very talented lady named Jill.I love how it matches perfectly to my walls in my scraproom. So many details and dimension! The piece is white washed over a paper mosaic on wood, stamped, painted, doodled, glittered, and the dimensional flowers I learned to build were perfect for this piece. While I was at Papertales, of course I shopped. I saw these lovely flowers by Prima and now, they are my favorite bracelet. (My lovely model's wrist, Madeleine, is a little small but this fits me perfectly)
Here is how I made it. So easy--I hope you make one too!
You need:
  • About 10" crocheted lace trim,
  • About 10" narrow elastic,
  • the flower,
  • a scissors,
  • and a sewing machine.
First, sew the elastic onto the middle of the trim. Stretching the elastic as you are sewing it will make it gather and stay on your wrist.Next, determine the length you need to fit around your wrist. (The 10" you started with should offer plenty, even for big-wristed people.) Pin it and sew the 2 ends together. Trim the excess.Next sew the flower on. If your flower is to decorative in the center to stitch it, Fabri-Tac works well too. All done! Seriously, it is that simple! Go make one!

It's an inexpensive, lovely gift for a girlfriend. The best part is that the package comes with 2 flowers so I made one for myself too!

Thanks for checking in!

No comments: