Monday, May 12, 2008


I hope all you Mamas had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. Mine was good. Brentt made pancakes in the morning AND cleaned up afterwards. Then, my kids were squirming so much that I finally opened my presents from them. Sam decorated a picture frame with his picture in it and gave me a nice card with his handprint. I'll treasure it! Maddie gave me a lovely flower pot with a paper flower. In the middle of the paper flower was a sweet picture of her. They made both of those gifts at preschool--how lovely!

Oh, but that's not all... Daddy came through for Mother's Day too! Brentt helped the kids fingerpaint ceramic pots and then they planted flowers in the pots. Those along with the new gardening tools they gave me inspired me to work in the garden. I just did some trimming and general maintenance. We're starting to get zucchini and tomatoes out of the garden already so everything needs a bit more TLC now.

Here's a picture of the kids in the garden:


And of course, I'm trying to get things ready for when Beth (My mom-in-law) comes. She'll be staying for 11 days, 6 of which Brentt and I will be on a wonderful, adult-only, vacation in Puerto Rico. Yeah! I'm so excited for the vacation. But I'm also excited to see Beth too. 3000 miles is too far to live from your family. The kids are going to have a great time with Grandma for the week.

Make today a great day!

1 comment:

cydders said...

great pic of the flowers!

cyd