Monday, December 15, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Day 3

Ok ladies, enough time in the kitchen. We'll be there enough next week. Lets make something fun! No matter how much I plan, I always forget a gift for someone. Here's a perfect gift for a teacher, neighbor, friend, babysitter, or that hard-to-buy for relative. Its not a super quick project but it IS easy and cheap. Its also easy to break into stages and work on for 10 minutes at a time. You can also customize it to what you have on hand. I'll try to give you all my sources along the way though.
Supplies:
Wooden frame from Michaels $1
Gold metallic acrylic paint $1
Vintage sheet music (or scrapbook paper that looks like it)
A Christmas card with a vintage looking picture (or you can download an image from Lunagirl)
A christmas stamp or rub-on
Ribbon
Silk flowers
Stickles or another glitter glue
Adhesives

First paint all the edges and back with the gold acrylic paint. Next trace the frame onto the sheet music, cut out the paper and adhere it onto the frame. I use a gel medium as an adhesive but something like modge podge or Yes paste will work too. Stamp the greeting onto the upper right corner. Use your trim or ribbon and adhere it along the bottom portion of the frame. I used hot glue to adhere mine. Cut out your image and adhere it onto the frame using popdots or a foam adhesive. Lastly, accent your Santa with Stickles or another glitter glue.

I like to think this frame idea is easy to alter and make your own. Send me a picture of your frame, I'd love to see what you do with yours.

Cheers,
Christy

No comments: