Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Day 4


I don't know about you but with only 8 days left before Christmas, the stress is sneaking up on me. I think its a perfect day...... for a cocktail!
If you're like me, you're buzzing around too fast that you don't have time to be lounging around and drinking all night. I usually only have time for one and I just need something to sip on as I walk by. A little something sweet to take the edge off the day.... Something strong, but tasty.... Sounds like a Martini to me! Yeah! Here are a some favorite Christmas Martini recipes complements of www.martinilovers.com

Candy Cane Martini Recipe

1 tablespoon (or so) crushed candy canes
1.5 ounces vanilla vodka
1.5 ounces vodka
1 miniature candy cane

Wet the rim of a martini glass. Place candy cane bits onto a saucer and dip martini glass rim into the crushed candy canes. Add vanilla vodka and vodka into a martini shaker over ice. Shake well. Strain martini into the candy cane rimmed martini glass. Garnish with the miniature candy cane.
Frosty The Snowman Martini Recipe

1 part vodka
1 part chocolate liquor
1 part Irish cream liquor
Splash of cream
1 Hershey's Kiss candy

Add chocolate liquor, Irish cream, and cream over ice into a martini shaker. Shake. Strain into a chilled martini glass rimmed with sugar. Garnish with the Hershey kiss.



Mistletoe Martini Recipe

2 oz vodka
1/2 oz. melon liquor
Splash of grenadine

Add vodka and melon liquor into a martini shaker. Strain into a martini glass. Add grenadine, and watch as it floats to the bottom to make a red and green martini. world! **And because I am a HUGE Rudolph fan, I had to include this one too. (Plus I already have Frangelica hazelnut liquor in the fridge)

Rudolph Martini Recipe

2 parts vodka

1 part hazelnut liquor
1 part rum
splash of cream
2 cinnamon sticks per martini
1 cherry per martini
Add vodka, hazelnut liquor and rum along with ice into a martini shaker. Shake. Strain contents into martini glass. Garnish martini with the 2 cinnamon sticks for Rudolph’s antlers and the cherry for his nose.
Yum!!! So, if you had to choose, I LOVE the Frosty the Snowman Martini. But... really... don't you just want to try them all?
Cheers! Christy

1 comment:

cydders said...

hey!
love the 12 days of christmas on your blog! i am going to try those martinis!!! YUM!
miss you!
if you want anything from paris...let me know!!!
i will be going to *Le Pulces* the super famous flea market.....hhmmmm.

loves
cyd