Friday, December 5, 2008

What? It's December?

Ok, I know this is a cliche but... where does the time go? Here's another one: Time flies when you're having fun. Right...? Well Thanksgiving weekend was a lot of fun but I have no idea what's happened with the rest of the past two weeks. Anyways, I'm back and really ready to dive head-first into Christmas. But first... I wanted to share some Thanksgiving pictures.

We rented a cabin up in Big Bear Lake, CA with some friends. 8 adults, 7 kids, 3 dogs, and one house. It was great! Honestly! The first morning we woke up to a dusting of snow. Most people back East consider snow more of a nuisance but not these California kids. Sammy was fascinated with the noise it made when he walked on it. Its weird but Maddie was surprised that the snow could go on everything outside. I grew up in snow so this new discovery for her was bizarre to me that it was even a discovery. Even though she has a jacket, our puppy Luna did not take a liking to the snow. She just sort of stood there. And then the kids learned it was ok to throw the snow. Where else in their young years are they encouraged to throw stuff at each other? But it didn't take long for the snow to melt.
Here are Shelly and Laurie stuffing the bird. But Phil did the actual cooking of Turkey... on the BBQ. I'll admit, I was skeptical of this non-conventional cooking style but it was the most amazing turkey I ever had.

Here are the girls working with Bernice on the sweet potato souffle. That also was AMAZING!What a kids table?! I never remember feasting in such style.

Sam's favorite candy: a lollipop!


And then back to reality. 75 degrees and sunny. Now for the gift wrapping, shopping, shipping, baking, decorating and more. But I do have some fun things coming up on my blog. Check back soon for the 12 Days of Christmas! Have a great day!

No comments: